NOTE: The pictures posted are from the original 2013 build. I haven't gotten around to taking new pictures as I constantly upgrade.
EDIT: I rewrote the description as I keep updating this build.
So this is my first build (2013) and I keep updating the internals. My original build cost was about $1400. Since then I keep updating so the price has slowly increased. My 1tb SSD and Monitor alone add about $1200 onto the build cost. Here is a list of original specs and how they've been upgraded:
- G1.Sniper M3
- 8gb Vengeance RAM
- EVGA GTX 670 ⇒ EVGA GTX 770 (2013) ⇒ EVGA GTX 780 (End of 2014)
- 2x Seagate 1.5TB ⇒ Samsung 840 120gb & 1TB WD Blue (2013) ⇒ Samsung 840 120gb & 850 EVO 1TB (2015)
- Corsair 350D
- Thermaltake 750w ⇒ Corsair CX750M (2013)
- Asus VE228H 21.5" Monitor ⇒ LG 34UM94-P 34.0" Monitor (End of 2014)
- Graphics Card: I bought the 670 right before the 700 series came out (2013). I used the Step Up program to upgrade to a 770. Later, when I decided I wanted to get the LG 34UM94 I sold the 770 to a friend to buy a 780 (End of 2014). In the end I wasted about $150 by paying for Step-Up shipping and the money that I lost by selling the card for cheaper than I got.
- Storage: I started out with two old drives that were given to me for free (2013). They died fairly quickly so I ended up buying an SSD and a 1tb storage drive (2013). Later I picked up a 1tb SSD while it was on sale (2015)
- PSU: I originally bought a cheap Thermaltake 750w PSU but I had a lot of coil whine (2013). I ended up buying a new Corsair CX750M only a couple months later (2013). I've been thinking about the possibility of upgrading because a CX series with a 780 scares me a bit and theres a possibility I might SLI in the future.
- Monitor: I originally bought an Asus 21.5" Monitor (2013). After researching the possibility of getting a 1440p monitor or doing 3-Way 1080p surround, I found the LG 34UM94. I picked it up while on sale (End of 2014).