• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

ten8yp 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Get the cheapest 2400MHz or faster RAM you can find that fits your aesthetic. You will literally never notice the difference in speed from 2400MHz to 3200MHz. Latency is actually far more important than speed anyways. If you're not sure about latency vs. speed do some research on what makes some memory "faster" than others.

Both of his monitor recommendations look decent but you will want to research the difference between 1080p vs 1440p and decide which is right for you. For me, I would rather have 1440p at 60Hz than 1080 at 144 mostly because I prefer larger screen sizes to higher refresh rates. To me, the price of 144Hz refresh rate does not justify lower resolutions. For games specifically its fine but for normal computer use I like the higher resolutions, particularly on larger screen sizes. If you're definitely going with a 24" or smaller screen, then 1080p will probably be fine.

AnyOtherWay 1 point 1 month ago

Get the cheapest 2400MHz or faster RAM you can find that fits your aesthetic. You will literally never notice the difference in speed from 2400MHz to 3200MHz. Latency is actually far more important than speed anyways. If you're not sure about latency vs. speed do some research on what makes some memory "faster" than others.

Probably true, but I also said it would be a not very big difference between speeds.

Both of his monitor recommendations look decent but you will want to research the difference between 1080p vs 1440p and decide which is right for you. For me, I would rather have 1440p at 60Hz than 1080 at 144 mostly because I prefer larger screen sizes to higher refresh rates. To me, the price of 144Hz refresh rate does not justify lower resolutions. For games specifically its fine but for normal computer use I like the higher resolutions, particularly on larger screen sizes. If you're definitely going with a 24" or smaller screen, then 1080p will probably be fine.

Read a bit better, at the time for the price he wanted to spend on a monitor I couldn't find a 1440p 60HZ one.