PCPartPicker

• Register

Help me build a low budget gaming computer (college steals most of my money)

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Hicrayert 18 months ago

Hi guys, ok so im not very hardware knowledge heavy and would like some help. I am a college student with a part time job on the side, but in my free time I love to game. My favorite games are League of Legends, minecraft, and several steam games. I would like to play more but with my current 5 year old laptop it is just impossible. This is where you tech savy people come in, i need your help. I have done some research and tried to make a list of parts for you guys to pick through. (keep in mind I dont need a OS and I already have a gaming keyboard, mouse, and monitor) If you feel i made a fatal flaw in my design it would be nice if when you corrected you didnt choose a part that will be more expensive unless its absolute necessary.

OK here it is. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Hicrayert/saved/2hUP

Thank you friends for any help

Comments Sorted by:

broadblade 1 point 18 months ago

What is the max amount of $ you can spend ? Here is a build but it comes in just under $600 and there are AMD options in the comment section. So if you can afford $600 you could get this better AMD CPU and graphics card.

Hope this helps.

Hicrayert submitter 1 point 18 months ago

I don't have a "max" but i am trying to keep it to a minimum. one question though. Is 1 gig of DDR5 better then 2gigs of DDR3? what makes that video card you chose better then mine. (im sure there is a good reason but i don't see it cause i am computer retarted).

vlad007 1 Build 1 point 18 months ago

The GeForce 620 is a very weak video card. If you want to play games at good FPS this will be more balanced.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $79.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.99 @ Microcenter
Motherboard ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard $73.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $63.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card $124.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT Tempest 410 ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $55.99 @ NCIX US
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $18.49 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $567.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-31 00:16 EDT-0400