Forums > Hardware > CPU Coolers

Forums > Hardware > CPU Coolers
AMD FX-6300 Stock CPU Fan - will it be enough?
Submitted 8 months ago by ExoTecher

I am building a AMD gaming PC, and I was wondering: do I need a CPU fan Heat Sink, something other than the stock one, like the Cooler Master Hyper 212? I will be doing NO overclocking what-so-ever, and why would AMD bother to include the stock CPU Fan if it won't do the job?

So my question is: can I just stick with the stock CPU Fan?

P.S. Heres the CPU in question: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-fd6300wmhkbox

Sorted by:

killsburydouboy [1 Build] 6 points 8 months ago

I have the fx 6300 in my rig and I love it. In terms of your question I went and got an after market cooler fan because it does run a little on the hot side and I do not do any over clocking. I figure keeping the CPU as cool as possible will extend the life of the CPU. So I say get one and it will probably extend your life of your CPU not to mention keeping it cool.

ExoTecher [Submitter] [1 Build] 1 point 8 months ago

Thank you for the valid point, +1 for you. I am a bit concerned, however, If I buy an after-market Cooler, I will have to get a slightly lower end GPU or PSU. Should I priorities the CPU Cooler first or the GPU?

shadowderp 4 points 8 months ago

You could use the stock cooler for now and upgrade later. The 212 evo is only like $30, if you wait for a sale you could get it for $20. The stock cooler will keep your CPU happy until you have 20 bucks to blow, and no compromise needed on the other components.

ExoTecher [Submitter] [1 Build] 4 points 8 months ago

OK thanks, I will keep the stock CPU Cooler just for now, until I have the money - I mean, why would AMD include the CPU Fan if it doesn't do the job, right? Thanks, +1 ;)

killsburydouboy [1 Build] 1 point 8 months ago

hmmm. It really depends on how much money you are going to lose if you add a after market CPU cooler. I'm not sure if black friday is big in Europe or not, but that CPU cooler will probably go on sale soon. I know it goes on sale pretty often over here.

ExoTecher [Submitter] [1 Build] 1 point 8 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1XqSX

My Budget just got reduced by ten pounds cause I just bought a really nice lunch, lol :)

How do you think this CPU Cooler will work for me?

Feel free to make any other suggestions, or just say I chose bad parts, I wont take offence :)

killsburydouboy [1 Build] 1 point 8 months ago

Everything looks good to me. I'm not familiar with that brand for CPU, I usually go with Corsair or rosewill.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed