• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Jacko1307 7 days ago

I am looking for a 144Hz monitor and I came across this on Amazon. Should I even bother getting a refurbished monitor, and is this one even worth the money? Thanks! .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................. Link: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-GN246HL-Monitor-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B01E7Q0AKM/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1484080899&sr=1-9&keywords=144hz+monitor&refinements=p_36%3A1253506011 .................................. Note - I am only using this for 120Hz.

Comments Sorted by:

ItsJustTurtles 1 point 6 days ago

as someone thats got the money for new stuff but normally buts used monitors etc and is fine with used and buying used items i'd go for it but its up to you if your fine with used go for it if you aint dont

ps check websites like craigslist or ebay if you want to buy something used

Jacko1307 submitter 1 point 4 days ago

Okay, thanks!

suhok 1 point 1 day ago

Refurbished is perfectly fine, especially from a trusted vendor. They can be as good as new, and should be at least close with minor imperfections (unless otherwise noted), and they can be a great deal cheaper. Sometime refurbished items are display models, or people return them because they ordered the wrong version and didn't notice until they opened the box. In other cases it might be something was defective and fixed, or damaged during shipping.

Just give an extra close examination after you receive it. It may have minor scratches or dings along the sides of the monitor but as long as the screen is ok and it works fine, then I think it is worth it. If any issues with it, especially too many dead pixels or damage to the screen, then return it to get your money back or exchange for another refurbished model. I have bought many refurbished items and only a couple I ended up returning. Others had minor imperfections I could live with. I bought a new dyson vacuum for about half the cost and it just had a fill container that was slightly cloudy but worked fine. It is up to you, but just be clear on the details for returns or exchanges, and factor that into any potential cost savings you might get.