PCPartPicker

• Register

Sennheiser headphones with quality soundstage?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Ragingboar 6 days ago

I'm looking for some Sennheiser cans with an awesome soundstage. Need to be open back obviously.

Thanks for the help.

Comments Sorted by:

ItsJustTurtles 1 point 6 days ago

game ones i have them rn with a mayflower amp and dac and they sound amazing (they are a headset if thats a deal breaker though)

RazerZ 2 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

Budget?

Ragingboar submitter 1 point 5 days ago

$1000 in peripherals mouse , cans, keyboard and display. So maybe $200 or $300.

RazerZ 2 Builds 1 point 5 days ago

There are the HD 600 and HD 650 in that price range but they need a good amp and DAC to pair with which takes it out of budget.

The HD 558 would be worth looking at and sounds just like the HD 598. Goes on sale at Best Buy for $80 often.

Ragingboar submitter 1 point 5 days ago

Oh, btw forgot to mention this earlier, I will be using the cans solely for gaming.

kazini 1 point 3 days ago

just ordered a pair of hd 558's on best buy, they're on sale right now for 79.99 and are great headphones at that price.

aether_tech 1 Build 1 point 2 days ago

Look into the Sennheiser PC 363D, very comfortable headset, with a good mic. And the sound is very good. Also one of the most comfortable things I've ever put over my ears.

Combined with my Xonar DX in my gaming rig, it sounds fantastic.

The PC 363D does come with a little DAC - just not a great one. But its' still miles better than realtek onboard stuff.

Ragingboar submitter 1 point 1 day ago

I've heard some samples of the PC 363d mic and it sounds pretty close to the human voice. (unlike most headsets) I am considering those or cans and a regular mic such as, the Blue Yeti Pro depends on cost.

aether_tech 1 Build 1 point 1 day ago

Sadly, the 363 is like $150-200 365 days a year. I managed to pick mine up for $110 during this last black friday sale from an Ebay seller I've bought from a few times (Best Offer).

The Mic is great, it took a bit of fiddling to get working right on my computer but once I did, it was ... great.

Ragingboar submitter 1 point 1 day ago

Why are the g4me cans praised so much the mic quality isn't very good, even if every other part is.