PCPartPicker

• Register

Use conditional formatting to highlight current part from working system build in part lists

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

krilin31 1 month ago

Currently, when looking to edit a particular component section within the build you're working on, you don't have a way to quickly identify the exact part (and by way of this, price point) that you currently have in the build.

For quicker identification and comparison without going back/forth or manually matching between the power use popup window on the part list screen against the results in your list for that component, it would be nice if a semi-transparent red or other color would be used to differentiate whatever row that part section in your build currently contains by calling back to the build, identifying current part type viewed, and matching the two. This way sorting by price, feature, etc. gives you an instant visual marker of where you are vs other potential parts in the same list instantly and unobtrusively. If you wanted to get real fancy, you could set an alerter for the page that would inform the user if changes to filters on the list removed their current part from the matching results.

Example: looking at motherboard list from the build I was looking at to get the point across in case I was confusing with my terminology I needed the outline on the part row in the part list to keep paint from filling everything on the screenshot lmao (outlined part in current part list is existing part, highlighted row shows quickly in the list without having to manually match using that list etc): http://imgur.com/a/4pWbD

Thanks.

Comments Sorted by:

tomtomj2 7 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

So basically, lets say for example, you were looking for a different motherboard for your build, the one you currently had on your list would just stay highlighted in all the listed motherboards so you basically know which one it was?

krilin31 submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Yes. Then you don't have to double-check which is in that particular parts list while you're working with it.

tomtomj2 7 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Ah, ok. Sounds like a neat idea.

aether_tech 3 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

I second this idea - it's very useful. Or even just have what part is currently in the list listed near the top left with the rest of the current-build information.