Built completed on Sep, 2016
This is my 3rd build. After realizing that i have never been a SLI user and being a guy that has been using his PC as a HTPC , Gaming and web browsing device for years, i decided to go for a powerful mini itx build that i can move in my home whenever and wherever i want to.
A brief about me and why i am going this way.
- I love playing games and watching movies with the best picture quality as posible.
- I love sound of gaming, music and movies and like to hear the best posible clarity and fidelity from it.
- I dont like FPS games, i dont need precise shooting or pointing.
- I used to play online a lot, today not anymore.
- I do like strategy games, RPGs, sports games. ( XCom, Witcher, Skyrim, Fallout, Dark souls, FF, NBA 2k, etc)
- I like to play on the couch with a big screen and love the use of projectors, used to be desk gamer, not anymore.
I am playing at 1080p, but will upgrade to 4k when i feel there is a powerful single GPU can handle all gaming at 60fps with ultra settings, which i still think we are not there yet, when it happens, i will upgrade my display as well.
Based on my background i decided to go with this mini itx build using a NCase M1 that is small, easy to move, beautiful and practical wich cover all my hardware needs. I dont know how this case can handle so much hardware, terrific job by designers. I am using just 2 Intake Fans and all the case holes as exhausts for silent efficiency and is working wonderful.
And i complement this build with a
- Lg 55" EC9300 OLED TV for size and picture quality needs, which i already have since a couple of years.
- Peachtree SE65 Nova Integrated amp + Kef LS50 Speakers for sound clarity
- JBS ODAC + Philips Fidelio X2 or HIFIMAN 400S when using headphones.
- GSkill Keyboard & G602 Mouse for gaming or Logitech K830 for HTPC
I just love this mini build, hope you guys like it. Part validation file
My complications were, adding the 8TB HDD and cable management, there is no room for cable management in this case plus i left all the sata and PSU cables ready in order to add an optical drive later, causing to have a lot of cables inside the case, but does not have any interference with the fans.
Terrific CPU cost/benefit. Runing at 4.4Ghz fully stable.
Due to size limitations, i decided this cooler, not the best, but good performance, better than air due noise level.
Best z170 mini itx board i found for my needs.
- Wifi Check
- M2 slot Check
- USB 3.0, 3.1 Check
- Z170 for overclock Check
Good Memory, 32gb at 2400, not the best, but pretty good for my needs, not buying high freq ram anymore, i prefer capacity.
Terrific M2 SSD drive, i use this one because i already have it.
If i have to buy a new one, i would go for the 950,960 SAMSUNG or the latest from OCZ
Good SATA SSD, still deciding in what to use it for. Pulled the trigger on it, due a deal.
Best SATA SSD in price-performance, and overkill for my needs, i am using it for my steam, origin library, just love those fast loadings.
Huge capacity but slow, but good enough for storage movies, music for my HTPC needs.
Impressive piece of hardware, everything on ultra at 1080p, silent and efficient. ANd very high settings at 1440 resolution... Geez probably the best hardware on my build... so powerful and silent!.
Best SFX PSU i found with enough power for my needs. No issues, fully modular, working as intended, people should never go cheap on PSU.
ehmmm ... OK... last OS from Microsoft.
I use them for Fan upgrade for the H60 and Seahawk GPU, these are great fans with PWM for noise control and really efficient, keeping good temperatures and silent!.
Great for my HTPC, batery last long, and has LED backlite.
Very good Mechanical Keyboard with RGB Led.
Very good wireless Mouse
There is not enough love words to describe this headphone, excelent clarity and sound, i attach a VModa Boom pro mic and i use it as a headset.