Decided to rebuild my machine with a new case, a couple added components and improve the looks of the system by giving it a late 2018 face lift. Firstly I stripped the whole system down for a complete dust removal, which has not been done in over a year, and it was desperate for it. As for the upgrades and changes, I have kept all the base components the same. All I have changed is the case, I have removed the 120GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD and 2TB HDD, replacing the HDD's with a 1TB SSD. I also upgraded my steering wheel from the Logitech Driving Force GT to the Logitech G29, got a external HDD dock, a Bluetooth adaptor for my main speakers, and bought a USB-C to USB 3.1 hub. I gave the other headset to my Dad for his computer. Finally I added some white braided cables. I also tweaked the fan profiles to make sure the system is dead silent when idling, as it was not before.
Tripple monitor setup was added on 12/05/2019.
- CPU: OC to 4.7GHz @1.32v (adaptive). LLC set to Level 6. XMP sync all cores.
- GPU: +100Mhz core clock, +200Mhz memory clock, +20% power limit through NZXT CAM.
- Monitor's: Both overclocked to 74H through NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Radiator fans: 25% until 55C GPU temp, then 50% from 65C GPU temp upwards
- Radiator pump: 60% until 55C GPU temp, then 75% from 65C GPU temp upwards
- Case fans: 0% until 55C GPU temp, then 50% from 65C GPU temp upwards
- GPU fans: 20% until 55C. From 65C it starts at 50% and increases every 5% per 5C until 80C.
- PSU fan: Eco fan mode on
What drive is for what:
- Samsung 970 PRO: Windows and application's
- Samsung 860 EVO (x2 RAID0): Game's only
- Samsung 850 PRO: Recordings
Note: I have tried my best to match prices from the original purchase price at the time they were bought.
Photos are up to date as of 29/12/2018. Specs and information are up to date as of 26/07/2019.