Built this rig as a budget rig for my son. So far he's enjoyed it and I'm pretty happy with the parts. Second build I've done in a Phanteks Case and that is definitely my new go-to company for cases.
I had quite a few people who asked for some performance benchmarks so I ran some today. Please keep in mind these are just basic benchmarks, I used presets for the quality and didn't change any other options unless it was to turn off v-sync. All games were ran on 1080p resolution and with the exception of Arkham Origins v-sync was disabled.
- Batman: Arkham Origins on Maximum graphics settings -- 60 FPS avg
- Far Cry Primal on Very High settings -- 62 FPS avg
- Shadows of Mordor on Very High settings -- 72 FPS avg
- Fallout 4 on High settings -- 57 FPS avg
- Doom on Ultra settings -- 85 FPS avg
I'm very happy with the performance and quite a bit surprised at a couple of these titles performing like they did on this system, but I think it just solidifies the parts used.