Weeks before I built the actual computer, I started to design and work on the case. I drew various designs and studied the characteristics of mega-yachts. Once I had chosen the design, I would use these parts to build the case:
 1x 36x36in (91.5x91.5cm) Aluminum Sheet  1x 24x24in (61x61cm) Plexiglass Sheet  1x 10 ft (3m) 1/4 bolt thing  A lot of nuts and bolts of various sizes  24in (61cm) Angled Aluminum Plate  Black and White Rustolem Metallic Spray paint (white one was defective and looks terrible :C )  Clear Tubing  Some PVC Piping  Many Chemical Adhesives  Rubber Stands  The desk I used was just a cheap glass desk I had from before.
This was an interesting first build because I did not have a case to start with and the case that I built was completely unconventional. There were a lot of things that weren't ideal:  For the motherboard standoffs, I used wood and clear tubing to achieve the correct motherboard elevation.  Cable management is not great because of the small space.  Only the fans and drive mounts are truly attached to the case, though this isn't necessarily a negative because nothing really moves around.  My I/O is at the side and I could not use my I/O shield.  My graphics card is freestanding, though this can be easily fixed.  Paint quality was not as good as I would have liked it to be.
Overall, I think I exceeded my expectations and I'm really liking my new computer!
Edit: 1 I added a few pics of the building process and a few others with better cable management
--I FIXED THE CABLES--