Overall the build was very cheap thanks to a few good friends - and it works well. I chose the name Nyx because it is the Greek goddess that personifies night. Though my build is almost pure black the blue LED exhaust fan represents the moonlight.
No longer in operation; look for my next build!
- CPU + Motherboard: I got this motherboard from a friend who went Skylake. He didn't need the CPU anymore so he gifted that as well. Motherboard went through a PSU failure.
- GPU: I sold my previous GPU for $80 and received this as well. It's a noticeable downgrade but this is just temporary.
- Case: Bought lightly used from a friend for $25.
- PSU: Bought from Newegg.
- HDDs: I got my 2 x 2.5" 500 GB HDDs from my father since they were just laying around. The 3.5" 500 GB is my OS drive which came out of an old build I which was gifted by my friend.
- ODDs: The Blu-Ray reader came from the previously mentioned build. The DVD/CD Rewriteable drive came from an old HP pre-built.
- RAM: The RAM came from an old pre-built.
- WLAN Adapter: My dad had the WNDA3100 USB 2.0 wireless adapter and didn't need it so he gave it to me knowing I needed it.
- Keyboard: The keyboard was a Christmas gift from my dad.
- Mouse: The Dell mouse came with the old pre-built.
- Media Dashboard: The Ultra MD3 Media Dashboard came from aforementioned build from my friend.
Grand Theft Auto V Settings: Low-Mid | FPS: ~30-55 | GPU Temp: ~40-55°C | CPU Temp: ~35-50°C | CPU Usage: ~65% |
Fallout 4 Settings: Lowest | FPS: ~30-45 | GPU Temp: ~50-55°C | CPU Temp: ~45-55°C | CPU Usage: ~30-40% |
Used on a few different Motherboards and it's a good CPU
Works very well. Went through a PSU failure which caused it to have an inability to use more than 2 RAM slots at once, even though they all work fine. Would have liked for all the SATA ports to be in the same spot.
Basic RAM. Easy to OC.
Worked great as my backup drive, but has now been replaced by a 750GB Samsung HDD.
Worked great in this build and just as great in my sister's laptop, pretty good transfer speeds and nice size for it's intended use.
Works well and has good transfer speed.
Works alright for the price I bought it at. Though it works well I do not like the very high temperatures and it doesn't run anything very well.
Good Mid-tower case. Could have used CPU power cable routing hole, but being a budget case it isn't truly necessary.
Wireless Network Adapter
Worked great for as long as I had used it. Only issue was that it had to be unplugged and plugged back in every time I had to restart.
Worked great in this build, nice feel on the keys and was easy to carry around. The only wireless interference was caused by my room, not the keyboard.