This has been my main build since 2013 and has gone through some upgrades over time. I'm at a place now where I'm pretty happy with the current configuration so I'd thought I'd catalog it as a "completed build." Although, I'll probably find something to spend money on and upgrade later on.
All the prices listed are prices that I paid at the time of purchase. You can see that there's quite a mix of new and old components with a few of the older components now being out of stock.
A timeline of the upgrades:
- Jun 2013: Purchased all of the original components
- Jun 2014: Purchased new PSU and custom sleeving equipment
- Feb 2015: Purchased second monitor
- Apr 2015: Purchased new SSD to use as boot drive
- May 2015: Purchased studio monitor speakers and DAC
- Jun 2015: Purchased desktop microphone
- Nov 2015: Created some new side panels for the case
- Jan 2016: Purchased new GPU
The CPU has been overclocked to 4.4 GHz and the GPU is running at stock speeds. The temps on the CPU under load are a little high so I'm looking at moving to a double rad sometime in the future. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the performance of this machine. The CPU is a little dated but will keep me going for years to come.
Thanks for looking and I hope you like it!