Just a small build I made for my brother's friend. He had 3 XBOX's in his house and wanted to play a little Steam action after the summer sale.
Budget was around $450-500 after he purchased the graphics card from my friend for $160 (total budget of ~$650). Windows 7 Pro was provided by me.
He has about 20 games after the Steam sale so he's ready to go.
- CPU = awesome little guy, can do a whole lot just as a dual core
- Mobo = was a little surprised at how narrow it was, but for what it provided for his needs it was fine
- RAM = boss as usual from Corsair
- HDD = tried to convince him to get a SSD boot drive but he didn't have the budget, so we settled on a 1TB
- GFX = bought from my friend for $160 after he RMA'd it and decided he didn't want the replacement, not bad for 1080p
- Case = really nice case to work with, I'm pretty sure all future builds from me are going to be Corsair Obsidians or Carbides
- PSU = Modular ended up being easier to work with, but still ended up using all the cables
- ODD = it's a disc drive, what else can I say about it