Update 2/29/16: Replaced mouse pad with different design and Xbox One with Xbox 360. Added LED and decal stickers.
Original date: 3/17/16
Hello! This was my very first build, and I'd like to first thank all the wonderful friends at PCPP, r/BuildaPC, r/BaPCS, and several other sites. All of you have been so generous and helpful along my journey to building something wonderful with my own hands.
Also, a shout out to my buddy Tyler T, who gave me hands on experience. I owe you a Jack, Jack!
Sangheili (Sang-HEE-lee) (Latin Macto Cognatus meaning "I glorify my kin")
I found this name from the Halo novels. It's the name of the Elite species, and the Latin translation fit so well.
Now, I could tell you that I built this machine for production. Editing photos and videos, creating music, CAD work/engineering programs, sorting through data. Ya know, real work.
But I'd definitely be lying. This baby was born to just consume. Movies, web browsing, and video games. It might see some real work in it's lifetime, but for now it's enjoying an adult-responsibility free life.
Parts pictured but not listed:
- Monitor: LG 29um67; 29in monitor by LG in 21:9 Ultrawide aspect ratio
- Monitor Mount: VIVO gas spring desk mount
- Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry mx red
- Mouse(s): Logitech G502 and Logitech G602
- Headset: Kingston HyperX Clouds II
- Controller: Xbox One Special Edition Gold controller
- Game Mat: Glorious extended white gaming mat