So I wanted to build a Mini ITX system after having a full size tower with water cooling for the past 5-6 years. It took me a while to find a case that I really liked and I had considered the BitFenix Portal case but ultimately decided the air flow issues would be a negative for my goal to OC and not use water cooling. I am not a fan of AIO CPU coolers and the current trend of RGB everything. This is a very simple build designed to perform very well and in as little of space as possible while still being aesthetically pleasing.
- A stable 5ghz OC was obtained and I can proably go higher but I am satisfied with the results so far. IntelBurn stress testing got the temps up to around 83c but it cools back down very quickly once the load drops.
- The Mini 1070TI has been performing great and temperatures even with the small case have been excellent.
- The install was fairly painless and the cable management options are great and once everything is in place you can really only see a small part of the MB power and PCI power cables.
- With the large heat sink for the CPU, the top case fan had to be removed to make room and installing the Noctua fan on the heat sink was a bit of a chore as there is very little clearance and I was using a paperclip to get everything secure.
- The front fans are a 140mm Corsair I had laying around that was directly connected to the PSU as I don't have a fan controller and the motherboard only has one chassi fan connector. The Noctua fan just barely fits in the remaining space and is not actually screwed in but so far doesn't seem to have any vibration issues. This one is also connected to the CPU fan splitter cable.
- I would like to get a fan controller setup for the case since the lack of fan headers means you have to have most case fans at 100% all the time.
- Custom length cables are going to be high on my list as I would like to add a Optane chip and HDD for game storage and even with a fully modular PSU the cables take up a lot of the remaining free space.
- I may also get the Noctua heat sink covers in the future to change the silver to a black/blue combo.