A rebuild and update to my Audio Editing and Gaming rig.
The build didn't go as smoothly as I would of hoped. A few purchasing delays, build workarounds, software/hardware hiccups. A majority of the purchases happened around black friday of 2015 and waited until early January for the i7 to get back in stock. After seeing prices not move for a few months, I lost patience and grabbed one at the marked up price. During that wait period I mounted the Mobo, PSU, BR drive and H110iGTX to the case.
Once the CPU came in I took some extra time to grab a couple needed things, as I planned out the remainder of the build. New sata cables, some splitters, the Sentry Mix 2, a USB extension header (for the corsair link devices and extra usb ports).
When it came to the initial boot and install, I used my old 560ti for testing purposes. Everything went fine. Installed windows 10 but caught a few hangs on drivers for ASrocks i219-V lan drivers. That led me into a couple of weeks of troubleshooting and contacting the manufacture. And then the H110iGTX. Sadly Corsair has been having some trouble with their CLC devices after reading several forum posts, over the last couple weeks, and their latest update (4.2) for the Corsair Link software seems to be a step backwards in most cases. But I have yet to get the Link software to recognize the H110iGTX. Which requires more time than I have at the moment to tackle.
Once I got it all stable enough to trust. I installed and swapped over the remaining hardware with no problems.
Tested it a little bit during The Division beta weekend. Which ran very smooth on ultra settings.
The next step is reinstalling my audio software and getting back to work. Will update later.