This is my mothers updated build, which I gifted her last christmas. I did not originally post a build of this PC, but I'd like to share this revision since I'm quite happy which how it turned out. The naming originates from the Terminator franchise. Since this is an advanced revision and the first one to blend into the environment without a hitch I thought it was just fitting.
Since she bought herself a new 4K OLED TV, I couldn't just leave her hanging with the old RX 580 that was originally in there. So I decided to step it up a notch with a 1080 ti that I bought used for CHF 400, which is pretty much equivalent to that amount in USD. Since that card would consume quite a bit more power, especially when overclocked, upgrading the PSU to an SF 600 Platinum in the process from the original 450 watt unit was a no-brainer.
- CPU: Ryzen 2600
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450 I Pro Wifi
- RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum, 16GB, 3000MHz
- GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition
- Storage: Samsung 860 Evo, 500GB
- PSU: Corsair SF 600 Platinum
- CPU Cooler: Thermalright TRUE Spirit 90 Direct, not actually the 90M, but I couldn't find that one.
- GPU Cooler: Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV
- Case Fans: Noctua NF-F12 PWM Chromax
- Case: Ncase M1 rev. 5, Black, TG Window
The biggest surprise to me personally was the balance between temperatures under load and noise levels in such a small case. The PC was definitely noisier with the old RX 580's stock cooler. This revision is almost inaudible over background noise like conversation or game audio, even under load.
All in all I'm quite happy with how this turned out. A word of warning though: The Arctic Accelero Xtreme III is compatible with the Ncase as far as I know. The IV is not! The only reason as to why I picked it up was that I'm in possession of a Dremel, which I got extensive use out of this weekend.
Thank you very much for reading! Any suggestions, questions or constructive criticism is of course very welcome. :)
Have a good day, toodeloo!