OKAY UPDATE: This has been the most fun system I've ever played with! Too easy or maybe I got lucky and recieved good parts! Either way, it's pretty cool.
- Included pic of cpu cooler clearance with memory in dual channel slots 2 & 4. Great clearance I thought.
1) So far with MSI's Command center app....temps at 3.7ghz are 30c (28-31) idle, dvd and internet stuff. temps only climb to 37ish when gaming on Wow, Starcraft, AvP (old one) :) AND runs the games in highest settings with no stutter or lag so far. But.....
2) When pushing chip to 4.2 with OCGenie, temps climb somewhat of course. Highest I let it get to was 47c then I reset proc speed back to 3.7 WILL NEED A BETTER CPU COOLER IF GONNA STAY AT 4.2 OR HIGHER. ***I did order and install 2 Cougar fans. a 140mm in 5.25 bays (sweet fit) and a 120mm in lower front. Both work great, push nice air to proc, quieter than Deepcools, and give soft red glow to front of case! Couldn't ask for more guys...:) But really...I don't mind, lol Just means it gives me an excuse to order new toys...lol.
3) But other than that issue....the freaking thing runs so smooth. All parts working well together. I love the MSI G-45 FM2+Mobo and the UEFI BIOS! lol, should've done this years ago..lol Zalman cooler is doing what i expect...quiet and cool but don't push the monkey! lol. All other parts are performing within setup as expected. ( Can't wait to have time to start tweaking it more :) Very happy with results so far. Thanks for all your comments!
Was time to upgrade. Use will be for moderate gaming, internet, movies, etc. General purpose. *First let me say, system complete but haven't fired it up yet. Will update when i do. Will upload better pic's too.
1) For AMD fan...Case is very nice inside and out! Beautiful case, pics don't do it justice really. Plenty of room! 2) The Zalman 8900 is the perfect size and has excellent looks! Installs easy too, no Mem clearance problems whatsoever 3) MSI G45 MB is beautifully designed! let's hope i have no issues with it. will update info. 4) AMD Radeon DDR3 2400 looks good and wanted 2400 to add some "kick" when gaming. 5) The low profile 120x120x20 Deepcools installed easily and on next build will include more of them. 6) AMD Radeon 240Gb SSD installed easily with adapter to the 3.5" bay as did the Seagate HDD. Will add 2 more later. 7) Rosewill 450w Mod gold PSU looks good and installed easily. For what I'm running, plenty of headroom.