Description

Phenom M Micro Atx build for gaming with custom side window.

Custom side window cut with angle grinder using 1mm metal cutting disc, 20mm drill bit for corners and radius file to finish off, then resprayed white once tidied up.

Just waiting to get acrylic panel cut to sit in window space now.

Spectre Pro fans were all in red with additional strip of LED's to top of the case.

All non overclocked so far

Comments

  • 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Nice work on the window! I didn't feel confident enough to do the same on my Prodigy M build.

I'd recommend changing the airflow orientation on your fans though. Top as intake lets your graphics card breathe a little easier, and the 230mm fan will move more than enough air in such a small space to counter-act the whole heat rises thing. Plus you won't be bringing in any warm air from the PSU or dust from the bottom not having a filter. Intake on the radiator is fine since that air will leave the case fast through the bottom.

  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

You must have better eyes than mine. I couldn't tell right away until I looked hard enough. Otherwise I agree with your comment and suggestion. +1 for working hard on the window and lovely build.

  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice build! The H80i looks tiny compared to that 230mm fan. I've built with one and it's not a thin radiator. Either way, looks great, and nice job on the mod.

  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice lighting !!

  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

awesome build, im just wondering, hows the airflow to that 230mm fan? looks like it would put out alot of air lol.

1+

  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

well its pulling in hot air from the psu...

  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks so different and brilliant!

  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Eye candy for real

  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the positive comments!

Worst bit about cutting the window was getting the radius drilled corners accurate, with the best will in the world the drill bits tend to drift when drilling that large so some adjustment was needed before cutting with the grinder. The radius file and some hard work saved the day though and the respray helped tidy things up.

Will take a look at the fan suggestions at the weekend I think and I may add in some sleeved cabling at some point.

Thanks again

[comment deleted by staff]