Purchased this PC to get out and stay out of the console gaming scene. Also I'm a full time software developer and graphic designer. The pics are in no particular order.
I've been updating the parts list with further mods and parts as I have been going along. Some of the changes I've done are as follows:
- Added custom window to Corsair 500r Case. Popular and easy DIY mod. Cost: $13
- Removed the 2 lower drive cages and mounted 1 of them in the optical drive bay. This allows the 2 fans on the front to suck air into the case without the cages and hdd's obstructing the path. Also provides room for a 2 fan rad for water cooling (future plan). Cost: Free
- Replaced some stock fans and added 4 Corsair High Performance fans. Cost: $44
- Adding red LED strips and wiring them into the built in LED button on the case. Cost: $20 (but would have spent $10 on shipping, so ordered these to get "free" shipping" on my Corsair fan order.
- Getting an H100i soooooon. Waiting for a good deal ;) Putting two of the Corsair fans in it to replace the stock ones.
I originally wanted to go with the ASUS Sabertooth board, but it was out of stock so went with the MSI Gaming board. The board itself looks amazing. Love the red and black theme. Also went with the MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr GPU because it was on sale and fit the board theme. The Ripjaw's also compliment the red/black theme. The "Go to BIOS", power button, and overclock button on the mobo are awesome.
The 1tb drive I tore out of an external Seagate hard drive kit. I had already upgraded to a 2tb external drive, so this one was available to be thrown into the new build. Why not? I already had it and been used for 4 years.
Sorry for some of the weak pictures... blame Apple and their iCrap2 camera.