Hello, This is my first build and an upgrade from a 3,5 years old laptop. The build could be cheaper, but I had to build it this week (holiday) and some parts were cheaper but they will be available in november. So I went to an other store and payed a little bit more for some components to get it sooner. It's going to be used for gaming and general use. In the beginning, I thought it would never work. When the build was finished, it didn't boot.. because the cpu 8 pin wasn't connected yet (didn't know that was necessary lol).
The first picture is before cable management and the second one and third one after cable management (couldn't do it better because of the space on the other side of the case).
This pc hits around 70 fps in GW2 with max settings. Haven't tested other games yet.
- Monitor: It was free, otherwise I would buy the cheapest 1050p monitor.
- Speakers (2.1): These ones were also free. I don't know what the name of them is and didn't put them on the list.
- Mouse: It's an awesome mouse because it was cheap (7 or 13 euros, can't remember it, bought it 1,5 year ago). And the most awesome part: it can give 7 different lights, yay!
- Keyboard: It's a good keyboard. Although, I recommend the Trust eLight LED Illuminated Keyboard, because this one has a larger backspace button.
- CPU: I wanted to see how to cpu stock cooler is, and then decide wheter to buy a aftermarket cooler or not (it would be the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO). The CPU is pretty good.
- Motherboard: It's an awesome motherboard. First I went for the Gigabyte 970A-UD3, but it was impossible to get it this week. I recommend this Gigabyte motherboard over this ASUS motherboard because of the 8+2 power phase (this board + 8320 overclocked + aftermarket cooler = same price / cheaper).
- RAM: It was expensive because of the huge RAM price increase since a month. It works very well.
- HDD: Awesome.
- Graphics card: Unfortunately, I didn't notice the new R9-270x. I can get it for the same price as the 7870, and I really regret this.
- Case: The store gave me 5 euros discount, hooray. It's an awesome case for the price. It has two preinstalled casefans (both 120mm), 2 usb 2.0 ports and 1 usb 3.0 port in the front.
- Wifi adapter: The adapter does work, but the signal is bad. I'm planning to return it and get a usb adapter because the antenna of the pci adapter is at the back of the case and the signals are being blocked by a wall.
Planning to buy these ones later (2014 or maybe later): - SSD - CPU fan - Monitor
I'm very happy with this build because it can multitask and game without lag. I didn't even know gaming could be so beautiful.
Thanks for checking out this build and hopefully you like it as much as I do :)