This is the no compromise marriage of PC and console gaming.
No keyboard/mouse necessary during casual gaming and streaming media usage!
The Silverstone SG13B case has one of the smallest footprints that supports a full sized GPU (11.3 liters!) - it looks like a nice piece of home theater equipment in a living room set up. Guests think it's a sub woofer.
How: Kodi + Steam Big Picture Mode (BPM)
- Kodi runs at startup for streaming media purposes (NOTE: use Kryptonite alpha to get XBone controller support).
- Kodi's Steam launcher plugin launches Steam in Big Picture Mode directly from Kodi, and relaunches Kodi when Steam is exited/minimized for full XBox controller support. No mouse clicks in between
- (optional) Console emulation: launch Dolphin from Steam with a shortcut. As far as I can tell, it is necessary to use a mouse to select a disk image/rom before you can play.
Other parts not in list:
- 2x Wireless XBox One controllers + dongle
- 40" Samsung 5000 Series 1080p TV (60 Hz)
- Logitech bluetooth keyboard
[EDIT] Updated pictures
[EDIT 12/16] Additions:
- 140mm be quiet! Pure Wings 2 case fan to replace 120mm
- flirc USB: tv remote control receiver that lets you assign functions (including wake and sleep!) to any remote control
- LG BE14NU40 Super Multi Blue - BDXL drive - SuperSpeed USB 3.0: for movies and archiving
- Samsung 120GB SSD: it was getting in the way.