I started working on this build since late September, but I have managed to somewhat finish it only recently. I use it both for gaming and work, reason why I went for the 5960x. I got this CPU from a friend for a lower price.
Eventually I mounted only one 980. I have a modded BIOS and can push the GPU to 1429/2060 (boost 1620 MHz). However, I usually keep it at 1350/2000.
Monitor, HDD/SDD and other peripherals were from my previous gaming PC. Windows was free (I am actually currently using Win 7 for benching) and sound card was a present (second-hand). Will probably replace the BenQ with the ROG Swift when price will be more accessible.
This is my first attempt at a custom loop, so it is not pretty. The parts are:
- EK Supremacy EVO White Edition
- EK Nickel 980 Full Cover Block
- Alphacool XT45 480 + UT60 360
- Monsoon D5 Premium
- Swiftech MCP655-PWM
- Enzotech and Alphacool Compression Fittings
- Primochill Advanced LRT White (3/8 ID X 5/8 OD)
- XSPC Temp Sensor
I'm currently keeping fans at <1200 rpm and my CPU temps are in the low 50s under normal load.
Will add more pics in the future when I finish everything...
- ROG Swift
- White LED and remove the red ones from the audio card
- The PSU is honestly quite noisy. I may change it
- The optical drive is currently not installed