It all started 3 months ago when I wanted to clean my first water-cooled PC (assembled in 2016 with soft-tubing). The case was too tight and I thought to myself - I have no motivation anymore to reassemble all this into this NZXT case anymore. So I changed everything back to air cooling and just wanted to order a new case to put the old components back in there.
Since the caselabs sma8 is no longer available, the Lian Li O11 Dynamic (derBauer edition) was my next choice. Although I wanted to install 2 cooling circuits first, I decided to use this case because I wanted to build my new project with the distroplate from barrow. When the case was finally delivered, I thought I could do a hard-tubing as well - but I need more time for that and in the meantime I wouldn't have a pc. So the project really took off, because with the new motherboard all other components that were in dependence were added as well.
Before starting I watched some videos about hard-tubing and thought about buying some bending kits, then I decided to bent everything by eyeballing and it also worked well. When I now look at the result, I am very satisfied.
I'm not 100 percent sure if I should color the coolant. I've seen some videos where the colored coolants soiled all the components in the coolant circuit because it formed clumps. It's important to me that the cooling performance doesn't drop after a few months. That's why I decided to go with EK-CryoFuel Clear for now.
The good thing about the whole situation and how it has evolved is that I now have a performant and nice looking gaming machine again - at least for the next 3 years ;)