This is my first build and I think I did quite well, but yes spent way too much but I am happy with it all! Rig is extremely quite, it is not overclocked and I do not plan on it in the future. The only thing i am missing right now that not in the picture is a VERSA tripod stand that holds all 3 asus monitors up, in the picture they each have the stock stands. If you have any questions feel free to ask, and comments welcomed! Oh and I live in barracks so i have to make due with the desks given to me...hah.
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core
- Runs Great Motherboard
Asus H97I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150
- Did not have to change anysettings Memory
Team Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
- Works amazing Storage
Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" SSD
- Works great extremely fast operating system boot-up
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM - Really quiet
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB
- No whine or noise, this graphics card has 4-way monitor abilities, dvi-d dvi-i displayport and hdmi - You can use a mode called Surround and it combines 3 monitors into one resolution, ex what i have done is taken three 1920x1080 and made a 5760x1080 screen. Google the new dimensions or Eyefinity its just sweet! Case
Silverstone RVZ01B Mini ITX Desktop
- This thing is just sexy, just really compact but i knew that to begin with, may take you a few tries to correctly route everything in this little case. A lot of people like to call this the Steam Machine. Power Supply
Silverstone 450W SFX12V
- I might have to buy a biggerone since i didnt plan on the Eyefinity screen setup at the beginning. Optical Drive
Silverstone SOD02B DVD/CD Writer
- You have to pay alot more because of the case, no addition cables needed for this case. Monitor
Acer V226HQLAbmdp 21.5"
- Only one downfall so far. the display port is slightly brighter than the D-Sub and DVI ports... I have tried everything to adjust or change settings but i gave up. The Zotac graphics card i have only has one of each port so im stuck atm with this brightness, i could buy a dvi-d to dvi-i and that would solve my problem, this is my setup 1. displayport to displayport 2. dvi-d to dvi-d 3. dvi-d to hdmi Keyboard
Aula SHIHUNZAN w/Laser Mouse
- The listing shows it comes with a mouse but i got this one on ebay with just the keboard. anyways its AMAZING for the price. and it has 3 colors, blue red and magenta. Mouse
ROCCAT Kone Pure Wired Laser
- This mouse kicks ***, comfortable, responsive, and had extremyl high dpi for those insane gamers, and it talks when you change the dpi settings really cool. Oh and custom colors and customizable led flashing and stuff. Headphones
- Pretty much the only thing negative I have to say about my rig... these suck ***! pretty much don't go wireless. I should of went with something else, these are notorious for disconnecting constantly, people claim to find ways on "fixing the issue" but i gave up and im dealling with the issue... i think i may by some asus strix 7.1 later when they come out.
Furman F1000UPS Ups With Back Up Power Supply ($750 present)
-This was given to me by a friend and i am ever so grateful! Now this UPS is waaaaaaay overkill but i suggest that you buy some type of UPS for your computer, this one is super high end and extremly quite, great user interface.
BOSE® 354495-1100 Bose Companion 2 Multimedia Speaker System Series 3
-for speakers i always go BOSE, and they never fail me.
ROCCAT ROC-13-104 Sense Meteor Blue 2mm - High Precision Gaming Mousepad -super awesome mousepad and i suggest you get this because its handy that your mouse won't fall off the pad.
4 x Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers (used) -bought 4 controllers on ebay, took them apart, put chinese aftermarket buttons and aluminum thumb sticks, these always impress new gamers that come over to play, cept the non gamers who can't find where a b x & y are haha! Spent like an additional $40 on the parts.
Official Microsoft xbox 360 wireless controller adapter (this isnt the correct one) -this is a requirement for all your wireless controllers, remember you only need one to sync all 4 controllers. Also i bought the official one on ebay this link to newegg isnt the correct one, i woult stay away from the 3rd party brands.
2x Charge Base S for Xbox 360 -bought these new so i didn't have to keep throwing in batteries