Three of us all built this gaming rig on a budget of $1000. We bought all the pieces in store, in person, from NCIX / Canada Computers at Yonge and Eglington. We used our old cases and 3.5" 1TB drives, except for one of us who bought the Cool Master HAF 912 and Western Digitial 1TB, which is why they are part of the build.
- We actually used a Gigabyte Z97-HD3P but it wasn't listed on this site
- We don't care about aesthetics
- Haven't overclocked anything, yet, all stock
- We are gamers, not Computer Science Majors, so constructive criticism only please, we literally just bought these..
- Scores 7.9 on Windows Index Rating on everything except processor, 7.6
- Fast Install / boot time
- Easy set-up
- That's a half-hairless cat in the box, classic.
- Radeon R9 is frigging massive, had to bend a case to fit it in, but it fits and works!
- Our old cases didn't have a spot for the SSD, so we duct taped 'em to the wall, boom!