Haven't really thought of a name for the PC, but I know I want to customize the case in the near future to have the case look like an EVA Unit!
I built this PC just mainly for the upgrade. I've been using laptops for an abundant amount of time in my life and decided "Hey, let's just make a PC". I started to purchase the parts around the Black Friday era and completed the build just a few days ago. Needless to say, the computer runs very well and I'm really happy with the way the computer turned out (maybe cause I've had upsetting laptops in the past and the comparison is just phenomenal). Many of the items in the selection I received as gifts around Christmas time.
The parts not listed in the selection below will be here (PCPartPicker just didn't have them in the database):
- Unbranded Speakers I found - $0.00
- Packard Bell Keyboard Model 5130 - $0.00
- MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III - $129.00
Only problem thus far is that the HDMI port on the GPU doesn't work (most likely DOA), but the DVI still does, not too sure about the two mini ports, haven't tested them out yet. It's minor since I'm using only one monitor right now, but if I do upgrade to two, I'll be seeking options.
In conclusion, I'm really loving this build. If anything caught my eye while building this is that:
- SSDs are fast. I just press the power button and in 10 (or less) seconds I can go to my League game client and play away.
- The MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard is super-friendly. Very legible and communicated well on what to do.
- The case looks big. I know it's quite spacious in the inside, but just know if you're getting this case is to measure things first. (Case is beautiful by the way, color in person way cleaner.)
Stay awesome Gotham.