This was my first build from "scratch". It was built under a strict budget under $500. I plan to use it for gaming, image editing, programming, schoolwork, and watching videos, among other things. The name is based on the fan LEDs, and that it is a "monster" compared to my previous PCs. Sure it is pretty puny compared to some build here, but I felt that this was the best for my budget.
Power Supply - I tried to get a good one that fit my wattage requirements.
CPU - went with AMD-6300 since it had so many cores for such a low price. I doubt I will use them all, but the 3.5 GHz is still solid for any core speed.
CPU Cooler - Stock. I don't think I will do overclocking. 3.5 GHz is pretty fast compared to my old 2.4 GHz dual core.
Motherboard - just picked something that fit my needs. I wanted full ATX with USB 3.0 support. Gigabyte seemed like a good brand.
Video Card - this seemed like a steal for $63 on Best Buy clearance. I just wanted something in the 740-750 range, but found a 650 for a lot cheaper. Not being picky about it being up to date, I went with the older model. I'm sure it will handle the type of games that I play just fine. I may upgrade it in the future.
Hard Drive - This is only a 320 GB drive, but I don't think I will be needing that much. I haven't even filled up the 140 GB partition on my current 640 GB drive. 320 GB was a lot cheaper than the 500 GB and TB HDDs. I got a used OEM disk off of Amazon.
DVD Drive - I got this used at some local store for 5 bucks. It works, but is a little slow. I may get a faster one.
Memory - I was originally going to put 4GB in this build, but a local store had some 8GB stick for about $80, and since I had saved so much on other parts, I upped the memory capacity.
Keyboard and Mouse - I picked these up for $5 used at a PC parts store. Old Dell ones.
Operating System - None right now. I have some 64-bit Linux builds I am considering installing. When some more money comes in, I will add a Windows hard disk or partition for dual boot.
The 4th case fan blows inward. This seems to contribute to a 5℃ difference in idle temperatures.
This took 7h to build from start to finish. Lots of frustration along the way. I work pretty slowly.
Cables were redone on Nov 22. The air should be flowing through the box more efficiently now.