http://imgur.com/a/MUmsR <========= more pics (sorry for phone camera)
I got into PC gaming about a year ago, after my sister showed me TF2. I have seen the glorious light of Steam. Before building this, I had absolutely no knowledge of PC hardware and such. It was actually fun doing all the research, picking parts, and building the computer. This was a big step up, and eye opening from my gt540m, 720p laptop. As you can see, I did not care much for aesthetics. I just wanted a modest looking computer, but with admirable specs. Overall, I ended up with a pretty generic mid-high range build.
Problems I encountered:
- The motherboard only came with 2 SATA cables. I had to make an extra trip to Microcenter to get another one for my optical drive.
- Corsair Link software does not recognize my H100i, unless I open up my case and switch the USB plug-ins, but I cannot do this every time I open up the software. Updating the firmware does not do anything.
- When running old games that yield very high FPS, I can hear very loud coil whine on my GPU.
- When running the Entry Preset on 30Mark 11, my whole system crashes and reboots. Probably related to the GPU and extremely high framerates.
- The window on the R4 scratches very easily.
- The monitor appears to be slightly lopsided, and the stand is very flimsy/wobbly.
- Maybe I should have gotten a 144hz or a higher resolution monitor.
- Maybe I should have gotten a different grip mouse. (I claw grip, so when using this mouse for a long time, my ring and pinky starts to hurt.)
- Maybe I should have gone for a mechanical keyboard.
- I should have been more patient and waited a few more weeks for the inevitable price drop of the GPU. The only thing I can do is hope for the 780ti to be included in the "Step Up" EVGA program.