(Most of the above photos have been 'auto equalised' in GIMP to bring out detail, more than happy to post originals)
This is my first build, it was… educational! I was continually referencing youtube videos and build reviews throughout. Overall time to build (from all components in their boxes, to turning off with Windows installed) was about 5 hours.
Previous builders had stated issues with the standoffs. If I’d had the correct tool (a small spanner I thought at the time) they wouldn’t have been too bad. I managed to screw three in with just my fingers and had to remove the power socket to install the fourth. Later in the build, when rummaging through the screws, I found the correct tool, a small knurled socket that looked similar to the knurled casing screws (the documentation with the case was very sparse).
Fitting the CPU and cooler backing plate went as described in the relevant manuals.
First mistake was installing the radiator the wrong way around, no way the graphics card was going to fit against the radiator header! Once I’d switched it around it still looked like the graphics card was going to be a tight fit. Offering up the card onto the motherboard confirmed that it indeed was very close, if not touching. To make the best of a bad situation, I loosen the fan/ radiator screws and ensured it was fully over to the other side before tightening and ran a strip of insulating tape down the side of the radiator.
Fitting the cooler pump to the processor again went without issue. Next the two sticks of RAM again no problems.
Trying to get the PSU in was slightly difficult and required taking off one of the 92mm fans to avoid pressing on the RAM and motherboard.
The next stage took up a reasonable amount of time as I installed cabling and concentrated on trying to keep them as neat as possible, various routes were tried and lots of cable ties sacrificed! Also the second issue with the H90 can be seen, in that it interferes with the front mounted USB 3 socket on the motherboard.
During the cable installation I also installed the middle drive bay with SSD attached.
Whilst tidying the cables I noticed that the USB header connector appeared to be slipping out, so I tie-wrapped it in. Not entirely comfortable with this and will likely swap to the USB 2 header, which has free access.
After a few days of running the cooler pump is noticeably noisy. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if it quiets down, if not I'll likely return.