add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, I'm really hoping the prices will tumble down a little bit when Pascal and Polaris come out. Then I'll make a move. Or I might even buy one of the new ones, assuming that my CPU won't bottleneck them. Man, that was quite the story to that build. Crazy. Absolutely awesome deal you got there! My hats off to a deal hunter. And congratulations on the baby!!

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure how much more GPU prices will slip considering they have dropped by about $100 this year alone, but like you I hope they slip a bit more. I don't see your CPU being too much of a bottleneck for anything less the games that require a quadcore. CPU's are ridiculously over powered right now. I like hunting bargains, anyone can toss thousands at a PC and make a killer gaming rig. However not all of us have that kind of money :D. Thanks!!! It was a shock for sure, we were told we could not (long story so I gave the short version) have any more kids and 6 years later here comes baby.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Right? A few hundred was pushing it for me. What kind of games would need a quad? That's quite a surprise! Congrats again on the baby! Nothing like a 6 year gap, that's me to my middle brother.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

FarCry4 is an example of a game that requires a Quad core, I think it will run on the i3 due to the i3's HTing but I don't think it runs well. FC4 will not open on a dual core like a G3258 without modding things. There are others, but that is the best example of the top of my head. Normally only the top AAA titles are requiring quad cores right now, but give it time and that requirement will get more popular. There are tons of games that recommend quad cores which will do fine on dual cores at the lower settings. Again this really targets AAA titles and "future proofing", but one could always upgrade the CPU later on.

Thanks, it will be almost 10 years between these two. My daughter will be 3 months shy of 10 years old when the due date rolls around. Me and my little sister are 10 years 3 months apart, we have almost nothing to do with each other but there are also two siblings in-between. I am hoping they wont have the same relationship as me and my sister.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube