add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 44 months ago
  • 0 points

$305 for a i7-4790k? When a i7-6700k runs $315? How in the hell do you justify that? Where the hell is the price drop that should be there? If you have cash to burn and you don't care about affordability, go Intel.

[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I've had this build up and running for the better part of the last 31/2 years with no CPU or MB problems, so AFAIC AMD doesn't have longevity or durability issues. The reality is that not everyone who wants to build a "gaming" system has the blood money Intel wants for their "bleeding edge" CPUs, and if they do blow most of their budget supporting Intel's stock prices, they won't have much left for the other things that round a system out. YMMV. Your wallet will be thinner.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube