• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

semitia submitter 1 Build 1 point 16 months ago

To be honest, I'm really no expert. It probably depends on what you can do within reason. I had planned the following: Reservoir\Pump > GPU > Rad > CPU > Rad >Reservoir\pump.

However, when I received my case I couldn't mount my 360 rad the way I wanted to. So in the end, my loop goes : Res > GPU > CPU > Rad > Rad.

Is this ideal? I don't think so. Does it work well enough for me, yes it does. Maybe If I really want to push my CPU to the edge a different loop would have been better, but this is just fine for me.

kptOlszewski 2 points 16 months ago

You've probably heard of JayzTwoCents, but he said in a video on a water cooling rig that the only order in a custom loop that matters is that you have your reservoir before your pump and that the reservoir is elevated above the pump for a gravity pull on the water.

He said that the temperature of the water doesn't change after radiators, he said that adding more radiators and more surface area will only work to decrease the whole loop's water temperature. So there's that.

kptOlszewski 1 point 16 months ago

Excellent reply, thanks. I also plan to go | Res/Pump --> CPU --> Rad --> GPU --> Rad --> Res/Pump | for maximum cooling of the liquid.

Also one question, maybe you've seen the specs of the Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, but it supports (2 X 140mm) fans in both the top and front of the case while only (1 X 140mm) fan in the back. I'm confused because on the Phanteks website, it describes the cooling capabilities of the case measurements differently.

Hell, maybe I'm just stupid but it says that for 120mm fans, you can have a 360mm radiator, while for 140mm fans, you can only have a 280mm in the largest spaces. Thoughts?

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-ATX-TemperedGlass.html