PCPartPicker

• Register

sorany's Completed Build: You're My Boy Blue!

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

sorany submitter 2 Builds 2 points 30 months ago

Because for that res, the mounting point requires I drill into that back panel. If I ever change out the res and want to do something different it will only cost me $12 for a new res plate vs $70 to replace that back panel when the drilled holes don't match up with the new res.

FireFox500 1 point 30 months ago

That's cool. I plan on doing a dual loop (one for GPU and one for CPU) with separate res' for each loop. It says on the page of that res mount that the SMA8 will only hold 1, it looks like it could hold 2 but maybe because of radiators and fans in front. Do I just have to pull a Jay and drill into the case itself and hope I don't mess up and buy a new backplate?

No, behind that plate is where the hard drive cages are, I suppose if you could reposition the drives you could drill into that plate and get a second mounting plate in there, but you would still have to drill those holes yourself.

Or yes, just forget the plates and drill into the back wall.

How long did it take to get all the money and planning together to build this monstrosity? These builds (my plan included) are VERY expensive. I would assume as an adult it would be much easier as your income would be much higher but you can't dump all of it into a PC. How long did it take so that you could afford both your rent and computer ?

I've answered this on the last build I did but honestly I work retail while going to school. For the last two years I've worked nearly unlimited overtime in some months. I happen to make significantly better than average for retail which makes my overtime pay pretty decent. There are weeks when I've worked 90 hours, etc.

I don't have unlimited funds, I've worked a lot of hours to make my hobbies possible. I also don't go out much, spend much on other things. My rent is only about 1k a month, it's not to bad for my area.

Wow, hard work truly pays off! I hope to get a much better job when I go to school as well. I only work >4 hours every week (I work until all my work is done then I Leave). That is a very good idea, conserving and not going out much, which I don't do anyway so there's a step in the right direction.

The_FenixX 1 point 27 months ago

Hi sorany, quick question about the hue+. Cant get it to stay up on SMA8 with adhesive already on back of hue strips? How did you do it? Please respond, Ive started on my build and its what im typing this on right now actually. Last question is whats the best pwm fan controlling software?

Thanks again for all the help.