add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yeah, it is. Better cooling, usually a better price, and more features. All cards should suffice but aftermarket cards usually have better cooling, which means your boost clock keeps boosting instead of returning to standard clock as it approaches thermal overheads. (This is not GPU throttling, this is more like nitro on a car in a sports game. Think of the boost clock as nitro, and the coolers on the card allowing it to use nitro the entire race unlike some of the cars [Stock/reference GPU] that only use nitro for a few seconds).

Some cards also have more power delivery, but the 10xx line is the same across the whole spectrum of cards; Nvidia really squeezed all the juice these cards can handle, and you can preeettty much expect 2,100mhz +/- 100mhz no matter what card you choose. Now, you WILL see a difference in sustained Boost Clock depending on the card cooler.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

i see.. great! last thing tho.. would a usb keyboard work on first startup bios on this motherboard? or do i need the old circular keyboard connector

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

As far as I know, wireless keyboards should work. (If you mean standard USB wired keyboards, it will work guaranteed.) I say that knowing that my wireless G602 gaming mouse was completely PnP compatible with our 2001 Dell computer running XP. (We didn't have a mouse after mostly throwing away the parts and I needed to connect a mouse to it)

It should be just fine

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube