add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 74 months ago
  • 3 points

good for you pal, good for you. I'm still proud of my first build despite being an obviously inferior human being to the likes of you.

• 74 months ago
  • 3 points

Nuff said. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2ikUK

You posted your build for critique/praise and when you receive as such you get all defensive.

• 74 months ago
  • 3 points

This build doesn't have an OS and has a 170w lower PSU, not trying to start an argument as there already seems to be one going on... but ya

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

True however, show me a situation where a heavily overclocked fx6300 and r9 270 can ever exceed 350w usage and there are many ways to get a discounted or free OS.

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

Again I wasn't trying to argue with you just showing you part differences.

His 600w PSU would allow him to get a higher end GPU if he saved up further and at 15 I don't know of many high schools that give out Free OS to students unless they have some sort of tech class/program

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

*in a tech class in my highschool, my third one in two years, dunno about how other schools do it but I'm sure as hell not getting any OS for free

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

well... any thought of crossfire instead of upgrading is out the window... has a recommended PSU of 500 watts and if you want to upgrade to an 280 or 290 you're out of luck skippy so have fun not being able to upgrade anything ever. As as far as the OS goes I prefer not to pirate windows or settle for linux which doesn't do much for gaming

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I have to agree with iTzSnypah here. Those supercombos are typically expensive with a couple of stupid components in them. You could have possibly done this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2irde It has a better quality case, psu, motherboard, and gpu at an extra $20. I'm not necessarily saying your first build is bad, but it seems like whenever someone says you could have easily done better you get all mad and defensive. Also, if you were going to use your christmas money to replace your gpu, why didn't you just wait until Christmas to build it since it's coming up? I know it's hard being patient on something like this, but you said money is an issue and by going this route you could have saved a lot of money.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes i did, not to be insulted thank you. Also, slap an extra hundred on there with windows 8. I can't afford that. With christmas coming up I can afford free though for that R9 270x.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

That build is based on US prices. Which is cheaper than Canadian. And it has no OS. Don't feel proud.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube