• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

Buildtimeboys 1 Build 3 points 9 months ago

Yea, these builds are outlines at best. I have seen a fair few people use them as a starting point with reasonable success, though.

crucial is not a company I would feel comfortable with using either.

Don't know about their RAM, but their MX300 SDD's are great.

Brood550 1 Build 2 points 9 months ago

The guides have been fantastic. Just hate seeing the filter put in them. If it just said 1080ti with a price range instead of the cheapest one available for the part I'd be accepting of the build. It is a solid build, I just don't like taking a short-cut to throw in a placeholder that doesn't represent the actual pricing of a part is all. The 1080ti starts at $707.99 and goes all the way to over $800.

Buildtimeboys 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Yea, I get that.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Yeah, the MX300 is a solid SSD. Not THE best. But definitely a great contender at the price point.

Brood550 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

I have no idea about their storage offerings. I'm just skeptical of their products after my experience with their RAM.

Brood550 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

I really don't get a semi-modular PSU with such an expensive build and a showy case..... I get it it's the filter but I would prefer to see a fully modular PSU even in the guide.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 7 months ago

Well, fortunately for those of us with budgets this guide doesn't revolve around what you would prefer to see. ;) Semi-modular is generally no issue at all for cases mATX or above.