• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

Lobsterareawesome 6 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

I'm sorry but I just don't trust LTT benchmarks videos. They leave out important variables a lot of time. And I have a 1080 Ti so basically no Vram gets offloaded onto the Dram and it uses from 7-9 GB of DRAM most of them time. When it comes down to benchmarks Hardware unboxed just seems more professional and i trust them much more than linus. Read the Article again and tell me that with only 8GB you won't see worse performance. The 16GB hype train was really just hype for quite some time but now times have changed dude ;)

llamafacelukas 1 Build 2 points 2 months ago

That article supports what I'm already stating. Very minimal performance impact from having 16GB versus 8GB. That article shows benchmarks depicting minimum frames per second being boosted by a small margin with 16GB as opposed to 8.

What I'm talking about is exactly what that article's real-world gaming experience information is showing: The computer only needs so much RAM. Linus Tech Tips isn't incorrect. They're stating the information in a different way: How much the PC actually utilizes for playing games, as opposed to what that article is showing which is how many frames per second boost one gets for the RAM applied. Minimal gains, if any, in frames per second between 8 and 16GB clearly means more RAM is not necessary for the game to perform "better". In fact, that's exactly what that article's benchmarks are proving. It seems the "hype" is very much still at play here instead of the facts.

I don't necessarily trust that article anymore than I trust LTT's YouTube videos. But that's why I also go to myriad sources besides one YouTube video and one article referred to me to get my facts straight. But regardless who I choose to "trust" or not for information, the facts are there: More than 8GB of onboard RAM isn't necessary to play 99% of current games smoothly. My point stands. Thanks anyways.

[comment deleted]