add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not the gpu, i have tried lowest settings as you can see in this video. As you can see, the gpu is not maxed out, neither is the vram. I just get cpu frametime spikes, my cpu usage doesn't spike.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Shhhhhh don't tell him the obvious, the only game i know that uses more then 4 GB Vram is Metro Exodus at 4k on ultra, with ray tracing, and that's only around 5.7 GB Vram

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

1080p can go over 4gb in modern titles and adding a second screen also uses up more VRAM then would be seen in a sterile benchmarking system like used in these tests.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/tom-clancy-the-division-2-performance,6054-7.html

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/battlefield_v_pc_performance_review/11

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

well there is one problem in your logic, "lowest settings" he has the problem even at the lowest settings

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes and the Poster didn't mention the GPU performance was dropping during the frame time drops.

my CPU frametime graph spikes up during the stutters while the GPU graph stays stable.

Frametime graphs can be misleading because Both the CPU and GPU can cause frametime issues.

Settings used are irrelevant if the GPU is the limitation which is what You see during frame rate drops when the load remains steady.

If the GPU usage is lowering during the incident the limitation is elsewhere.

In this case though after seeing the video it is a cut and dried case of the tracking software misreading the CPU load.

GPU load is under 100% and dropping when the frame drops occur.

CPU load is flatlined because You don't have 12-cores on a 1600X You only have 6-cores for those load percentages.

• 10 months ago
  • 0 points

..... 12 cores my fking 4 core CPU runs half of the games hes complaining about perfectly fine without frame freezing,

I have no idea what your talking about anymore can you please stop wasting our time,

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

You missed several key parts of information in Your original post.

The GPU usage is dropping during the spike not staying the same.

Your CPU usage is maxed out.

Tracking software reads Ryzen threads as cores so seeing cores across the board at 40%-60% is actually 100% CPU load as seen by the GPU load being less then 100%.

You reached the limit of what the 1600X can output and are seeing frame drops because of that.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

You obviously didn't read my post correctly. I said that the CPU FRAMETIME(not usage) graph goes up while the GPU one stays the same. The GPU usage goes down by a few % because it has to wait for the CPU. That is my problem, because the CPU is more than capable of running the game.

The software doesn't read threads as cores. The gpu usage is below 100% because this was tested on the lowest settings, where the CPU is the bottleneck. The reason i tested it like that is so that someone doesn't say that my VRAM is being maxed out of something like that.

I really appreciate you trying to help, but nothing you say is true and you're wasting your time, as well as mine.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll stop since You asked but I can prove in Your video I am correct about the tracking software.

The gpu usage is below 100% because this was tested on the lowest settings, where the CPU is the bottleneck.

If the CPU is the bottleneck then the CPU is maxed out whether the tracking software shows it as reaching 100% or running a 30%-70% across all cores.

You are maxing out the CPU and seeing single frame drops as the CPU struggles to keep up.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Let's say that this is true, then how do i see my true CPU usage?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

The Windows tracking is somewhat more reliable but not 100%.

AMD reserves a set amount of core for usage by threads in their implementation of SMT which isn't reported so tracking software isn't very reliable on Ryzen.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube