add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What if I went with my build but just used the 3200mhz ram instead?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Still wasting a lot of money considering how great of an experience you can have on a $2500 build. Though cost to performance on what you are planning a LTT video does stand out to me. https://youtu.be/ehvz3iN8pp4

• @9:30 minutes: Showcases a PC you are planning on building.
  • @13 minutes: "This is the best gaming experience I have ever had, but this build doesn't make sense unless you literally s#!t money"

That is considering a i7-9700k+single 2080TI is downright awesome for powering 1440p high refresh rate gaming.

If you want to spend nearly $5500 on a PC build it is up to you but for just gaming I can't help but thinking about how much money is being wasted.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well the reason why I have two 2080 Ti’s on my list is because I’m planning to do a three monitor setup. So the reason why my build isn’t as good as compared to the one you recommended is because of pricing and “diminishing” results?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Are you going for eyefinity where you have the same game across all 3 displays? If you are just gaming on one display and got other things going on the other displays like videos and internet then there really isn't much extra load on the GPU and a single GPU can power all 3 displays. Keep in mind eyefinity with the width of 3 screens is not as fun as you think it might be unless if it is a racing game. having to keep turning your head to see stuff to the mouse movements from one side all the way to the other is only the start. How the UI is in games also gets spaced out making many elements of them harder to see effectively across that much space. If you plan on using freesync or g sync it is only compatible on one screen at a time too even with SLI.

To be fair the $5500 PC is "better" than the $2500 PC. FPS difference due to the CPU change is a couple % at best and I doubt you will even be able to notice the difference between 160 fps and 170 fps for example. As far as SLI goes it depends on the game, some games actually perform worse on SLI than on a single card and other games could get anywhere from no real added performance to where the odd game might get 40-50% more fps. It will not double your FPS across the charts. The reason for this is with the newer APIs nvidia and AMD stopped working with game developers to optimise SLI/Crossfire for games and left that completely on the game developers. As you may guess it is not a priority for them to spend serious effort for 0.5% (or less) of their customer base and work on stuff that affects more of them.

For PC hardware the best value is in the middle for cost per FPS gained. Bottom barrel hardware like a GTX 1050 or even the TI version has very poor performance for the price. Cards like the RX 570 up to the GTX 1660 TI (skip the 1650 that card is like the 1050 ti cost to FPS ratio) give a great FPS per dollar spent. Once you go higher than that the amount of performance you gain gets less and less per dollar you spent. On mid range hardware of an i5-9400f/r5 2600 paired with a gtx 1660ti will deliver an awesome gaming experience at a great value. You would be able to afford 5 of these builds on your budget, one for yourself and the rest for friends to play games with lol.

Of course if you spend more and get an unlocked Intel i5/i7 CPU and pair it with a higher end GPU you will get more performance for a better gaming experience but the costs get higher per FPS you gain. Though this is what you need for 1440p high refresh rate on high settings for games. Now double your money into the PC again the gains get drastically smaller but you can still get gains. If the reason is to "future proof" yourself I would have a better reason to get the $2500 build and save the $3000 extra. In 5-8 years later on when better stuff is out you can use that 3k then for a much more powerful PC than what is even possible today and get another 5-8 years out of it which will outlast the $5500 built today by far.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube