add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

for wow, its is NEVER necessary. You could run max graphics and still have room and thermals to spare. As for f1, unless you're gaming at super high graphics settings, or as i mentioned before, 4K, you won't have any issues. What card do you have/are planning on getting?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

RTX Super 2060 or 2070, haven't decided yet.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm. Unless you really need ray tracing, i suggest either going a lot higher,a bit lower, or go over to an aftermarket 5700XT. Ray tracing cards can barely handle it where it matters, at least until RTX 2080 Super, or 2080ti. If you want to save up for that, and you want to stay with NVIDIA, get a 1660ti, and stay with it until you can afford higher end cards. However, if you want to stay in the area of RTX 2060 and 2070 performance and cost, 5700xt is the way to go. It beats the 2060, and competes directly with the 2070 super variant, all at a lower price point than the 2060 (non super). I know that not a lot of people are comfortable with AMD cards, so I won't tell you what to choose. But, price to performance, AMD has it best right now. (if you do go with NVIDIA, get an EVGA card. comes with a good long warranty). Best of luck!

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I've seen the benchmarks comparision of the 5700xt and the 2060 super, I was quite impressed with the 5700xt but I am unsure which brand to choose from, here in the U.K the Asus 5700xt cost around 500 pounds. Reliability is my priority, especially for daily usage.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Best two ones right now in my opinion (and a lot of reviewers) are the powercolour red devil, and the Sapphire ntiro+. Both are triple fan gpu's and will keep temps and noise low(and thus increase durability/longevity). Sapphire is known to make amazing AMD cards that last for years and years. Ask anyone with a vega 56, or an rx 580. They last forever. Now, one thing to note. As this model came out somewhat recently, the drivers are still getting constant updates. So that means that you may (possibly, this is not a guaranteed thing) experience some slight bugs for the first couple months, as they take time to optimize their drivers. But after that, it will be perfectly fine. AMD is also known to keep supporting their old drivers, even when new generations of cards come out (unlike a certain green team). If you want a review of the two afore-mentioned models, Gamers nexus and Hardware unboxed are the places to look.

ps. If you can, just get the nitro+. It has a really cool feature of easily-replaceable fans. Watch hardware unboxed's video on it. Link

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, appreciated.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube