add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

there is no rush to upgrade gpu's will always go down in price overtime. If it runs everything you have at high settings wait until something you want to play can't. the longer you wait the less you will pay.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Not necessarily go down. If you wait too long the price will massively inflate. The MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC I have was a pretty cheap card but it costs around $350 now. Where as the Strix version of the same card costs $150 to $250.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

well sure a card that is not available is going to go up in price. but when the gtx 1060 released for the 6gb card was 220. a gtx 1660 is 200 right now and a gtx 1660 super is 230 dollars. Sure a gtx 1060 is way more but thats because very few are new. if you want a used one they are about 120 on ebay

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I see what your saying but also you should pay more for a new part rather than pay less (in most cases) since even though the new GPU is much better than your old one, it will preform just about the same as your old one did when it was new since games will require more resources.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I disagree. The cost of producing these parts are only going down over time as manufacturing gets tighter and tighter tolerances. Back in the day a 1tb hard drive was 200 dollars. they are now 40 bucks even though they are way faster then any of the first 1tb hard drives. the pricepoint is lower despite better performance. as far as what card you buy it should be based on your workload. Now I would argue that the rx 570 for 120 dollars is a good value card for playing games. However if all you play is league of legends and that is it at 1080p, well it might make more sense for them to grab an rx 550 for 70 dollars.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Though now we have SSD and M.2 which are faster and thus pushing HDDs to the lower end of the price spectrum. If you see what I’m saying.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube