add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

i have an fx6100 so id like to weigh in on this discussion ive gotten my chip to 5.0ghz+ on a 990fx board. but from stock to 4.5 and strictly speaking on gaming performance i see on average a 15-30fps jump with an OC'd chip paired with an r9 suggesting a bottle neck at stock clocks and most gamers are in this for gaming not overclocking (which while easy is still biased to laymen stating it will wreck your cpu.) . We are also changing the way gamers see performance by switching to frametimes.Now with this. The R9 290 with the fx6100 i have seen stutter and lag on heavy games such as FC:4 and its worth it to note that the frametimes were incredibly variable a driver update has helped along with updates for the game itself but there is unexplained frametime variances that i have that intel users do not...

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Without knowing your full system setup and all the games you're testing with, it's hard to say exactly what's going on, but I would point to two things:

1. http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/295/AMD_FX-Series_FX-6100_vs_AMD_FX-Series_FX-6300.html - your FX-6100's kind of a dog compared to the FX-6300, and it's not all from the 200mhz clock speed increase.

2. You're kind of missing the point I'm making - that AMD adds good value to its products for enthusiasts by keeping them largely feature complete.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed but the point wasnt that this cpu sucks its that no matter what revision they do the CMT they implemented is bad for gaming as a whole and a 10% bump in performance isnt enough to justify the fact the these CPU's bottleneck anything over the 280x as i have a 290 and my FX at 4.8Ghz and plenty of benches to show that there's no headroom for all fx chips as seen by most benchmarks where the i-3 can get higher fps and better frame latency's.I used to think amd was for enthusiasts but you hit a wall too early with amd if i would have went intel on the build 4 years ago i could have upgraded from an i-3 to an i-7 and i would still be even more valid today with an i-3 than with this chip or any other from AMD strictly speaking of gaming as this thing encodes like a bat out of hell!.i also think its our responsibility as enthusiasts to help future enthusiasts make the right decisions when it comes to brand...what AMD did with the bulldozer on launch (which is when i got mine) is terrible there was alot of hype this is going to compete with intel and amd really slowed tech down for everyone as there IS still no chip they have to compare to Intel's lineup and with intel releasing their 6core 5820k at 300$ there is no value to AMD gaming anymore...i would also like to point out the temps of the 290's and all the money people dumped into them, the bad drivers that caused users black screens.the fact they didnt fix their frame pacing problem until 13.8 when nvidia had their pacing fixed years before, People with multi gpu's just delt with it like its normal for AMD gamers to deal with micro stutter.Im also seeing more and more benches using frame times and the speed in which frames gets rendered and the consistency with which they are rendered points to AMDs CMT being a probable cause.They also suckered many die hard amd fans to get the 9000 series which released at 1000$ i feel like AMD is a sinking ship for gamers and their picking pockets just to keep the illusion they are a "gaming" brand. I feel like they have good hardware on the GPU side but poor software (BTW i had black screens from 14.xx-14.11) so that was hours and hours of installing and reinstalling the drivers and troubleshooting. I at once understood why people were RMA'ing the cards over and over and not getting anything to the point that manufacturers started sending out bios flashes and recommending that you use 13.4 drivers

• 59 months ago
  • -1 points

I am not going to read that wall of text, esp. when the first few sentences make so little sense to me. Improve your grammar to continue the conversation (or tell me to eff off, makes little difference to me).

• 59 months ago
  • 0 points

For someone that doesn't have time for this, you sure seem to have a lot of time for this. Still waiting for a rebuttal, but I know you already gave up. It's kind of funny the person you are replying to, despite their abhorrent grammar, still seems to have a better grasp on hardware than you do.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube