add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Had the same problem. issue fixed by not using the disc included, but instead downloaded the driver and installed via usb flash drive.

• 73 months ago
  • 2 points

Really? that's interesting. i got it to work by going to the asus site and installing the older driver, the newer one from their website still craps out my system. I am going to wait a few weeks to see if they release an even newer one that will hopefully correct this issue.

Im also really unimpressed with my router, i am literally 1ft away from it with the wireless card for testing - on AC at 5Ghz and i am only getting 500mbps out of the theoretical 1700mbps. i have a D-Link DIR-865L that i got on sale on black friday last year for $120 but I am thinking that i may need to sell it and pickup an asus RT-AC66U.

thanks for the quick and informative comment

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are that close just use ethernet, otherwise move the router at least 3ft away. Believe it or not but being too close is a bad thing.

[comment deleted]
  • 73 months ago
  • 1 point

Asus not working with Asus. Who would've known lol have you tried a firmware upgrade on the router?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube