add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome thats what i like to hear. You seem to be doing pretty well with that air cooler.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I should mention that I feel like I might have been lucky with the processor that I got. Somebody else might get a 5820K and not be able to OC it as high as I did. People shouldn't expect to get 4.5 GHz with the hardware I got. Also, time will tell if that speed was actually safe and sustainable. I've talked with people about my temps and voltages in the comments on my thread, and nobody seemed too worried.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with you. I think you got a very good processor. I have overclocked mine to 4.4, 4.5, 4.6gHz and i was getting issues all over the place at those speeds. so I settled for a 4.0gHz overclock.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube