add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

4GB of vram is more than enough for 1440p. Also single card 1440p is becoming weak and crossfire/sli is much better because on a 60Hz monitor you are lying to yourself if you say 30fps is playable.
proof: http://30vs60.com/

also, the 390's cooler is not better, and in terms of the MSI it is actually worse. The sapphire cards stay the coolest because they are the EVGA of AMD and only make AMD cards. They use the TRI-X or Vapor-X for the 200 series, and have the Nitro Series for 300. They keep the cards the coolest and allow for good overclocks. The 390 is only worth it if you are looking for the "latest and greatest" out there, but in the end is the OC'd R9 290x 8GB for $70 more

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Well that's where you are wrong. The MSI cooler is one of the best, and for my build theme. And you are right, 4 gigs is enough, if you are playing without aliasing, fxaa, etc. Single card 1440p is not weak, look at the gtx 970, it can handle mid-high settings at 1440p (some games ultra) with 45+ frames.

The 390 cooler cools the rbm's, so it is better.

I think 40 fps up is playable, I don't see a difference on a 60Hz monitor that a 144Hz monitor, 60 fps is 60 fps man. Thanks for the help, but I am going with the best I can for my money.

P.S If I were going with a 290x, I would go with a 970, which is more expensive. This is why I will go with the 390.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube