add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

looking for two standard cases for ATX mobo

Droidriven

52 months ago

I'm Looking for two standard cases for two ATX systems I'm putting together with some old hardware that I have on hand for just some basic usable systems for the kids. They need to be inexpensive(like dirt cheap if possible) and doesn't even matter the condition of the case, as long as it can accommodate my parts, I won't be using expensive long graphics cards. Just a complete basic older system all the way around. Anybody got any ideas of offers? I dont care about any other factor than the ability to put my systems together. Thanks for any help in this area.

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

NZXT Source 210 is only ~35 USD: https://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-s210001

Basic mid-tower ATX case, nothing really special about it.

Though, is that older hardware from prebuilt computers, such as Dell and Compaq? They may not use the standard mounting holes for the motherboard...

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, they are Asus P5Q pro and Gigabyte GA EP45 UD3P. Some nice older boards that I used years ago.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Man, those are colorful motherboards... Did we hit some sort of 70s/80s design period with them?

I feel bad putting such a colorful thing in a case without some windows, but the Source 210 is a good option if you can't find secondhand cases.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I know right. Those old boards still look good. I even still have my old pretty Gskill hyperX2and Mushkin Redline RAM to put in them and some huge Zalman coolers. I might not even let the kids touch them when I put them together, lol. I was going to even do the LGA775 to LGA771 Xeon mod and on them and OC them (a little bit but not too much to avoid heat issues) so they would be able to decently keep up with some of the more modern games for them to play. It is a real shame to hide such awesome hardware.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree, I'll add them to my list of possibilities, thanks, I do still them to have certain little things but not necessarily special factors.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube