add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power Button Mod

akirakun

76 months ago

What's a clever/easy way to change my white LED power button on my Corsair Carbide 300r to red. I also planning to change to a red front case fan for a sweet red and black theme. Are all the red LEDs on case fans actually a deep red?

Update: After removing the front panel, take a plastic Dakeyi Lychee candy wrapper 1" cut-out or something similar and place it over the LED. You may want to oversize the cutout to lessen the possibility that it may fall out or move. Your warranty is intact as no glue was used. You can change color as you please and it's super easy. I added an updated CU photo for satisfy your viewing pleasure.

DOH! I just noticed that my HDD light does not work now. I may have covered it up with something as it was previously working. I'll fix this when my red LED fans arrive.

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

red cd-marker, just paint it. or if you know how to solder, then change the led.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't thought of painting it. Gonna check out the local hobby/craft stores and see what they have. If that's not an option, then I can attempt to solder in a red LED unless it's one of those SMD types. Thanks for your advice.

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

just make sure its strong and dark red. or it will come out pink:D

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Acknowledged

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

After figuring out how to remove the front cover I searched the house for something transparent and blood red. I found a lychee candy bag and cut out a corner. This corner piece was placed over the LED. Take a look here for this ghetto mod. http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ekh It's the last photo on the right. Comments welcomed.

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

That actually looks really good. Ya might want to adjust it a little more since the top left of the open circle is lighter than the rest but other than that it seems to match your background.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks SSSHypermen! I actually took the photo using my Galaxy S3 at a slight angle and the led light is channeled through a black plastic ring. If you view it straight on it looks even. I actually predicted that this may happen so I cut-out the plastic about an inch long which is larger than the LED. I uploaded another CU image to show the bright top left part is not stationary.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube