add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU fan not detected???

SuperSarah

54 months ago

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 MOBO: Asus x99 deluxe 3.1

The ASUS support guy says the fan needs to be 4 pin in order for the mobo to detect it; well, the Kraken comes with a 3 pin that goes into the cpu_fan header. Is this true what he says? Everytime I boot up I get a CPU fan error and have to go into BIOS to boot manually...

Please help !!!!

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure if this will help, but I have an older ASUS board with the same issue. There is a setting in the BIOS to bypass errors and continue booting, which is what I have mine set to. I can still see the error as it is booting (just before Windows starts loading), but that's it. Your CPU will shut down your computer before it overheats if the fan really stops working, but I'm sure you'll hear the bearings fail in it before that ever happens.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the fan work? Have you checked the documentation that came with your cooler? I know the Corsair guide for the H100 coolers addresses 3 and 4 pin mobo connectors and they simply have you move it over a pin.

NOTE: NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR COMPUTER CATCHING FIRE.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube